Surf Club Four Seasons
Since its inception in 1930, The Surf Club has played an important role in the life of Miami Beach, hosting such luminaries as Frank Sinatra, Winston Churchill, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and Elizabeth Taylor. And its original, historic Mediterranean villa, with ballrooms and bathing cabanas, has been preserved as part of The Surf Club Hotel and Residences, designed by Pritzker Prize winner Richard Meier. Landscaping is lush and tropical, and two restaurants – one fine dining and the other casual – have been incorporated. Interior touches are the work of Paris architect and designer Joseph Dirand.
There are 150 luxury homes in two 12-story residential buildings plus a Four Seasons hotel, all perfectly situated on eight acres of beachfront between the Atlantic and Biscayne Bay, just south of Bal Harbour. Units have two to five bedrooms and range in size from 1800 to 7800 square feet. Almost fifty unique configurations are available. Some homes have private swimming pools, interior gardens, staff quarters and extra assigned parking. Expansive balconies up to twelve feet deep serve as outdoor living spaces.
Thirteen signature Richard Meier penthouses – eight one-story and five two-story – offer four or more bedrooms and 5400 to 7500 square feet of living space. They are single-level, duplex and triplex floor plans, all with panoramic ocean-to-bay views. Some have private swimming pools, atriums and outdoor kitchens and showers. Broad, floor-to-ceiling “lift and glide” glass doors to the terrace open with little effort. All windows and exterior wall panels are full-height as well and feature double-laminated glass for noise reduction and energy efficiency. Kitchens are highlighted by Boffi cabinets, Corian or marble countertops, a cooktop with up to six burners and appliances by SubZero and Miele. Spacious master suites have two master bathrooms and his-and-her dressing rooms with custom closets.
Amenities for Surf Club residents is quite long but includes a private 12,000-square-foot health and wellness center, equipped with the latest fitness equipment. There’s a studio for yoga and Pilates studio, and a full-service luxury spa has steam rooms, saunas and rooms dedicated to treatment and relaxation. The Churchill Bar and a Four Seasons restaurant with oceanfront terrace are perfect places to end the day. And for any other needs, such as concierge or valet services or housekeeping – the staff at The Surf Club Hotel and Residences is available 24 hours a day.
• Four pools, one exclusively for condo residents
• Set in a lush garden landscape
• Full-service health spa with saunas, steam rooms, and treatment rooms
• Three state of the art fitness centers
• Beach cabanas with full baths, which may be reserved
• Full time multi lingual concierge service
• Gourmet market and retail stores
• Landscaping by Fernando Wong
• Haute seafood restaurant Casa Tua Mare in hotel
• Hotel’s main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Winston Churchill lounge in hotel
• Valet parking
• 121 private Residences
• 2-5 bedrooms condo residences from 1,800 to 7,800 sq. ft
• Custom built Permasteelisa glazing system by Richard Meier
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout
• Custom designed shade pockets
• Expansive terraces up to 12 ft. deep
• All residences deliver furniture ready complete
• Richard Meier and Boffi custom-designed kitchens
• Private elevators and vestibules for every unit
• Wine cellars in most units
• Custom Boffi baths with freestanding sculptural tubs
• Multi-zone climate control systems
• Dedicated service elevators for staff and deliveries